AFIAP, EPSA, BPSA, LRPS, Hon. PESGSPC, FUPHK, AICS, AUSPA, EFMPA, FSWAN, GPU CR3, GPU APHRODITE, MERIT-ER-ISF, RISF6, EIUP, cMoL, BEPSS, APSI, FFIP)
|Present Address:||Permanent Address:|
|Sr Process Engineer, OSE12M, PDO BMF-FG-D027 PDO, MAF, Muscat, PO 81, PC 100 Oman Ph: +968-95271490||C/o Nripendranath Dasgupta Flat-11, Block-O 267, Prince Anwar Shah Road, Kolkata, INDIA, 700033 Ph: +91-9831427185|
Indian photographer living in Muscat, Oman. Began photographing in late 1990’s, self taught, influenced by the arts community.
A traveller by passion and a Chemical Engineer by profession working in Oil and Gas surface facility design, capturing memories of travelogue since late 90s. Developed skill to photograph people, culture, tradition and architecture, while touring extensively across Europe and South East Asia.
Images are displayed in various photo exhibitions in UK, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Nagpur, India and also in Kolkata, India by various photography organizations and clubs. Images are shared by Nikon Middle East and Africa, and various photographic associations in Social Media. Continuously participating in worldwide photographic competitions (Salons) since 2015 April, for Professional and Amateurs under the patronage of Federation De Photographic Art, Brussels (FIAP), Photographic Society of America, USA (PSA), Image Sans Frontiere, France (ISF), Image Colleague Society, USA (ICS), Global Photographic Union, Italy (GPU), International Union of Photographers (IUP), Master of Light (Canada) etc. Currently having 2500+ acceptances from 71 different countries organizing Salons under FIAP, PSA, GPU, ICS, IAAP, ISF, MOL patronages, with more than 500 different Titles and 113 awards. Awarded pictures are displayed in organizing countries in their photo exhibitions. Participated in various worldwide photo competitions for amateurs and professionals, some of the achievements are listed below.
- Silver Medal in Architecture category from px3 France, 2016
- Salon Diploma for ‘Camel race’ by Life Press Photo, 2016
- Honorary mentions for ‘Weaver of Vigan’, ‘Road to Eternity’, ‘Teamwork’ and ‘Camel Race’ in Moscow International Foto Awards, 2016
- Honorary Mention for ‘Camel Race’ in ‘ISA Mostra’, a Photo competition conducted by The Nagpur photo Club, India and judged by Padamsree Sri Raghu Rai, 2016
- Honorary Mention for ‘Teamwork” in a photo competition, organized by Udaan School of photography and World photographers club, 2016 for best candid moments.
- Honorable Mention for ‘The Façade’ under category – Architecture, Buildings in ‘Neutral Density Photography competition’, Nov, 2016
- Honorary mentions for ‘Camel Race’ and ‘The Façade’ at Tokyo International Foto Awards, 2016
- Honorable Mention for ‘The Grand Mosque’ at Monochrome Awards 2016, International Black and White photography contest
- “The Winners takes it all”, an article on traditional Bullfighting in Oman was published in ‘Lens Culture’ Magazine, 27th issue, Dec, 2016 (https://issuu.com/israeliartmarket/docs/lens_magazine_issue_27_lowrz, page 40)
- “The world thru my lenses”, my travel story published in ‘Lens Culture’ magazine, issue 24, Sept 2016 (https://issuu.com/israeliartmarket/docs/lensmagazine24low, page 82)
- The world thru my lenses, a travel story published by World Photographers club.
2015, Oct – Awarded distinction Artist-FIP (AFIP) by Federation of Indian Photography, FIP 2015, Dec– Awarded distinction Artist-PSI (APSI) in Travel Category from Photographic Society of India, PSI 2016, Feb – Awarded distinction Crown 2 from Global Photographic Union, GPU, Italy 2016, Mar– Awarded Distinction Aphrodite for portfolio works by Global Photographic Union, GPU, Italy 2016, April – Awarded distinction Reconnaissance-ISF4 (RISF4) by Image Sans Frontier, ISF, France 2016, May – Awarded distinction PPSA by Photographic Society of America, PSA 2016, May – Awarded distinction Artist –ICS (AICS) by The Image Colleague Society, ICS, USA 2016, May – Awarded distinction Fellow of UPHK (FUPHK) by United Photographers Hong Kong 2016, June- Awarded distinction Merite for portfolio works by Image Sans Frontier, ISF, France 2016, June – Awarded distinction Excellence-FMPA (EFMPA) by Federation Multicultural Photographic Art, FMPA, USA 2016, June – Awarded distinction Artist-USPA (AUSPA) by United States Photographic Alliance, USPA 2016, June – Awarded distinction Excellence-FMPA (EFMPA) by Federation Multicultural Photographic Art, FMPA, USA 2016, Sept – Awarded Honorary Membership to Pascal English School and Greek School Photographic Club (Hon. PESGSPC) 2016, Oct – Awarded Bronze exhibitor (BEPSS) of The Photographic Society of Singapore. 2016, Nov – Awarded distinction EPSA by Photographic Society of America, PSA 2017, Jan – Awarded distinction Fellowship-FIP (FFIP) by Federation of Indian Photography, FIP 2017, Jan – Awarded Artist FIAP (AFIAP) by Federation international de Photographic Art, France 2017, Feb – Awarded distinction Crown 3 from Global Photographic Union, GPU, Italy 2017, March – Awarded distinction Reconnaissance-ISF6 (RISF6) by Image Sans Frontier, ISF, France 2017, March- Awarded distinction ‘Renowned Exhibitor-Merite (ER-ISF) by Image Sans Frontier, ISF, France 2017 Apr – Awarded distinction ‘Honorable IUP’ (HIUP) and ‘Elite IUP’ (EIUP) by International Union of Photographers (IUP), China 2017 Apr – Awarded distinction cMoL* by Master of Light (MOL), Canada. 2017 July – Awarded distinction Licentiate of RPS (LRPS) from Royal Photographic Society (RPS), UK Membership:
- Member of Photographic Society of America (PSA), USA, since 2015
- Member of Royal Photographic Society, London (RPS), UK since 2016
- Life member of Photographic Society of Oman (PSO), Oman
- Life member of Photographic Society of India (PSI), India
- Life member of Federation of Indian Photography (FIP), India, country representative of FIAP
- Life member of Image colleague Society (ICS), USA since 2016
- Member of Global photographic Union (GPU), Italy since 2016
- Member of United photographers, Hong Kong (UPHK), Hong Kong since 2016
- Member of United States Photographic Alliance (UPSA), USA since 2016
- Member of Federation Multicultural Photographic Art (FMPA), USA since 2016
- Member of Image Sans Frontier (ISF) , France since 2015
- Member of International Union of Photographers (IUP), China since 2017
- Member of Master of Light (MOL), Canada since 2017
- Sanjoy Sengupta
Muscat, OmanDated August 25, 2017